Chalet Carmen, Zermatt
Matterhorn Ski Paradise, Switzerland
Fully Catered, Sleeps 8
- Shared Wellness area
- Steam Room
- South/East facing balconies
- Ski-in location
- Open fireplace
- Stunning Views
Chalet Carmen is perched on a hillside overlooking the village. It is accessed by a tunnel with a lift bringing you directly to the front door of the apartment.
The entrance is located just 200 meters from the bottom of the main ski run into the village at the foot of the Klein Matterhorn lift station, thus making it one of the rare "ski-in" chalets in Zermatt, with a ski lift very close to its doorstep.
The Church square with its shops and boutiques is located just a 5 minute walk away.
Chalet Carmen is a superbly situated duplex attic apartment in a chalet which is perched on a hilltop. This chalet is full of wooden charm, with a country farmhouse feel to it.
With its sloping wooden ceilings and extensive panelling, this cosy duplex attic chalet apartment offers 4 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (two en-suite, one with Jacuzzi bath), a high ceilinged living room with wood fire, an open plan kitchen with dining and bar area, a mezzanine floor with a second living area, and sunny south and east facing balconies with plunging views to the river.
Three of the bedrooms have beds which can be made up as doubles or twins, while the mezzanine has a sofa-bed if you need extra capacity. Carmen envelops her guests in a lovely authentic Alpine charm!
Guests of the chalet can use a shared wellness area with a sauna and a steam room.
Price is based on exclusive use of the chalet for up to 8 people to include full gourmet catering and open bar. Also available on a bed and breakfast or self-catered basis, please enquire for further details.
• 1x Double bedrooms with private en-suite shower room, walk-in wardrobe and balcony
• 2x Twin/Double bedrooms, one with balcony access
• 1x Twin/Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Services and Inclusions
These may include child care, health an beauty treatments, planning your heli-skiing adventures, designing and hosting corporate events, or simply booking your restaurants, ski lessons and transfer arrangements.
Our catered chalets include a very high standard of dining and service including also our daily cleaning. Your pre-arrival chef consultation will ensure that you menu has been tailor made to your meet your preferences and expectations.
Michelin trained head chef Kostas Papacharalampous heads up our team of chefs, who are carefully chosen not only for their superior skills and experience, but also for their friendly, flexible and approachable nature. Kostas has been a chef since 2004 when he started under Greece's star chef Christoforos Peskias, whose mentor is Ferran Adria of El Bulli fame.
He then went on to train for a year under Joël Robuchon in Paris, and spent a further year in the culinary hot house of northern Spain working under Andoni Luis Anduriz in the 3 Michelin star Mugaritz restaurant, and then under Juan Mari Arzak who also has 3 stars. Kostas is the most passionate chef we have ever met and he has created a special menu for this winter season.
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Bed linen, towels and guest amenities on arrival
- All local taxes and charges
- Welcome and assistance from our staff pre-arrival and in resort assistance from our concierge team
- Transfer to and from the chalet from Zermatt train station on arrival and departure day
- Pre-trip menu planning
- Fully cooked breakfast on 6 days
- Afternoon tea and cake on 6 days
- Champagne and a selection of canapes on 6 days
- Magnificent four course gourmet dinner on 6 days
- An expert selection of different red and white wine pairs each evening
- Children's menu if required
- Complimentary bar
- Free WiFi
- Daily cleaning and mid-week linen change
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff