Chalet Matsuzaka, La Rosiere
Espace San Bernardo, France
Fully Catered, Sleeps 24
- Interior and exterior Japanese hot tubs
- Treatment room
- Games room
- Open Fireplace
- Conference room
- Satellite TV
- Fully en-suite
- Undercover parking for up to 10 cars
- 100m from ski access and ski back to chalet
Chalet Matsuzaka is located approx. 200m from the new commercial centre (boutiques, ski hire, ski school and lift ticket office), the new high-speed chair-lift in the Les Eucherts area of La Rosière 1850 and only 100m from the ski slopes. Skiing back to the chalet is possible from the Papillon piste. La Rosière 1850 itself is a short 10 min walk through the forest path or a 5 min hop in the free shuttle bus.
Chalet Matsuzaka is a private, small luxury hotel, inspired during our long stay in Japan. After frequenting the Japanese Ski resorts, we became enamoured with the way in which the Japanese Chalets and Inns were run, as well as the exquisite touches making après-ski just that extra bit more special.
Chalet Matsuzaka “pine tree slope” is ran as a Japanese inn with a calm and zen atmosphere. We kindly ask that all guests remove outdoor shoes before entering the chalet (slippers are provided) and bathrobes are available in all rooms in order to take the spa. In line with new regulations we also operate a no smoking policy (smoking is permitted on balconies and terraces provided care and caution is taken).
* 10 guest bedrooms, all south facing, with balcony and panoramic views over the Tarentaise valley
* 2 “Hayashi Bedrooms”, one of which is suitable for person(s) of reduced mobility
* 5 “Savoyard Bedrooms”, which are furnished in Savoyard style with a more ample living area, large bathrooms with separate shower and bath
* 3 “Mansarde Suites”, with impressive double height beamed ceilings, comfy sofas and luxurious furnishings, whirlpool baths and separate shower rooms
* All rooms have internet access, satellite TV, DVD players, fridge, telephone and private safe
* Multipurpose room for hire (conferences, home cinema, karaoke, etc.)
* Japanese Spa with interior and exterior baths (Ofuro & Rotemburo), sauna, and treatment room
* Large lounge with log fire and library
* Private dining area with terrace (residents only)
* Free undercover parking for up to 10 vehicles
Prices are per person based on the standard "Hayashi" bedroom type, fully catered on six out of seven nights. Other room types will vary in price so please ask for further details. No travel included, although pick up from Bourg St Maurice included upon request.
Chalet Matsuzaka offers 10 spacious bedrooms, all en-suite with south facing balconies. There are three different room sizes/styles to choose from:
Hayashi bedrooms :
Two bedrooms decorated in Japanese “washitsu” style with tatami, shoji and futon beds. Nestled beside the forest at the western side of the building, these rooms also benefit from being next to the Japanese Rotemburo Spa area.
Savoyard bedrooms :
Five typically savoyard style bedrooms with a more generous living area.
Mansarde Suites :
Three very spacious rooms taking full advantage of the height under the roof with beamed ceilings, large windows and additional elegant features such as whirlpool bath and lounge area.
In addition to all the usual expected comforts such as satellite television, tea & coffee making facilities etc, the rooms will also include other thoughtful features such as complimentary soft drinks & snacks, DVD player as well as broadband Internet access.
Services and Inclusions
* Breakfast and afternoon tea every day
* Dinner on 6 evenings (the restaurant is closed on Thursdays)
* Services, VAT and local taxes
Discounts & Supplements:
1. Children under 2 yrs old are free of charge (sharing parents room). No food is provided. We can provide a cot if it is specified at the time of booking.
2. A small proportion of our rooms are able to accept additional beds. Additional beds in a room are charged at €525 for an adult and €420 for a child. Please contact us for availability.
3. Sole occupancy supplement is the total room price (twice the per person rate) less €350.