Chalet Charr, St-Luc
Val D'Anniviers, Switzerland
Fully Catered, Sleeps 6-8
- Leisure room with feature fire, wide screen TV (including UK channels), surround sound, Bluray, DVD, ipod docking and WiFi connection
- Sun terrace
- Sauna and Wet Room
- Timber lined ski room with heated boot racks, ski and coat storage and cloakroom
- Open plan living area with sitting room, dining room, study and kitchen
- Open fire
- Underfloor heating
- TV, ipod docking & WiFi connection
- Wine cellar
Located on the edge of the village of St-Luc at a height of 1,720m, Chalet Charr is approached by a woodland drive and private path. Enveloped by deep snow in winter and wild flowers in summer, the chalet is immersed in nature, crystal clean air, intense blue skies, dark starlit nights and local wildlife.
Chalet Charr sits within a forest clearing at the edge of the beautiful village of St-Luc, offering privacy and fabulous panoramic views whilst being ideally located to take advantage of the unrivalled skiing of the little known Val d' Anniviers. This family home combines contemporary architecture, stunning interiors, attentive staff and great food, and offers a very special experience.
Chalet Charr is constructed over three floors with the main entrance, via a raised bridge, at the upper level.
The central oak and granite staircase, around which the interior is designed, provides a clear visual link between the levels and leads invitingly to the floors below. The open plan living room, dining and study are at the upper level, bedrooms at the central level and leisure below.
The interior design includes bespoke furniture combined with family antiques, fine Persian rugs, furs and fabrics. The walls are hung with art and photographs produced by the family and even the table lamps have been individually designed.
Where furnishings have been purchased, care has been taken to incorporate the best available. Dining chairs are by Knoll of Italy, cutlery from David Mellor in Derbyshire and tweeds from the House of Bruar.
The chalet’s owner, British architect Chris Carr, designed Chalet Charr in partnership with Swiss architect Eric Papon. From their first meeting they agreed that the design should respect the local traditions of form, scale and materials, but that the chalet should be contemporary and that it should fully exploit the site’s unique location and panoramic views.
Externally, the chalet is constructed into the steeply sloping site and built in local meleze timber and granite stone walling under a timber shingle roof. Viewed from above it blends with its surroundings, but from below, dramatic glazing and stainless steel balconies highlight the twenty first century design.
Full height glass at all levels floods the interior with sunlight, and sliding doors allow access to the external balconies and lower level terrace.
Prices are per chalet for up to 6 people and include full gourmet catering service, Sion airport transfers, and driving service throughout the Val d'Anniviers (for larger parties of 7 or 8 the driving is restricted to St Luc & Chandolin). No other travel included.
A supplement will be charged for the 7th and 8th persons staying in the chalet.
• Four individually designed bedrooms sleeping up to 8 people
• King size beds
• Two twin bedrooms - made into doubles if required
• Private bathrooms/shower rooms with heated towel rails (All rooms have a shower)
• Individually controlled under floor heating
• Luxury Egyptian cotton bed linen
• Bathrobes, slippers and fluffy towels
• Artisan soaps and toiletries
• Balcony access from two bedrooms
• Television-free for true relaxation
Services and Inclusions
“House wines” are provided by the Wine Society and include reds and whites from Bordeaux, Burgundy, The Loire and the Languedoc. A trade up facility is offered, including a range of local Swiss wines from the Rhone valley.
"We had no idea what to expect having never heard of St Luc but have fallen in love with the area. Having our own "private" ski lift above the chalet has been a revelation and the uncrowded pistes and non-existent lift queues are bliss! The food has been delicious and we wont be able to eat anything other than Aberdeen Angus from now on. It will be hard to keep this place a secret from our friends but we don’t really want to share it!"
"We’ve had a fabulous week - wonderful, warm and welcoming hosts and chalet. Delicious food and wine. The skiing’s been a wonderful surprise - beautiful, almost empty slopes surrounded by incredible scenery. St Luc is just so pretty and interesting. We’ve loved getting to know you, Chris and Clare, and hope to be back very soon. Many, many thanks for spoiling us so beautifully."
- First night Champagne welcome
- Morning tea
- A Swiss breakfast with fresh fruit, muesli or porridge, fresh bread and croissants, home made preserves
- A selection of teas and delicious cake on your return to the chalet
- Herbal teas and cold drinks always available in the leisure room
- Pre-dinner drinks and canapés
- Four course dinner with good quality French wines
- Transfers from Sierre train station or Sion airport for up to 6 people
- We include in resort chauffeuring and throughout the Val d’Anniviers for parties of up to 6
- The staff are on-call 6 days a week, with a day off on Thursday
- Transfers from all airports except Sion
- Ski equipment and passes, insurance and lessons
Our Service Excludes: