Grange au Merle, Chatel
Portes du Soleil, France
Fully Catered, Sleeps 10-14
- Large outdoor balcony
- Outdoor hot tub
- TV snug with DVDs & Games
- Mezzanine library
- Sonos sound system
- Log burner fireplace
- Cocktail bar
- Outdoor children's playhouse
- Parking for two cars
- Wine Cave
The centre of the bustling village of Châtel is a two minute shuttle bus ride or pleasant stroll away, with a tempting selection of aprés-ski bars, shops and restaurants. Surrounded by majestic scenery and alpine architecture it is an ideal location for an unforgettable holiday experience.View Location Map
A traditional farm chalet in the vast Portes du Soleil ski area, La Grange au Merle has been finished in true style. The chalet's design welcomes guests into a retreat full of warmth, comfort and style set in traditional Savoyard character.
The first floor is the heart of the chalet, with a south facing and open plan living space. Take in the amazing alpine views while you enjoy the cocktail bar, feature log burning fire or settle in the dining area to eat and drink with friends and family. Open the Sonos music app on your smart phone and set the background ambience in any of the rooms. Our bespoke crafted larch dining table comfortably seats a party of twelve while also remaining intimate with two adults either side. There is a lovely 'chef's table' beside the kitchen which is great if children need to be fed separately. The kitchen itself overlooks the living area with rustic wooden panelled drawers and black granite work surface surrounding a substantial traditional style range. Modern amenities are not forgotten - microwave, double door fridge freezer, Nespresso coffee machine, dish washer and wine cooler are all present.
Each of the five tastefully decorated bedrooms and family suites have access to an en-suite bathroom. The chalet's original charm and ambience is retained throughout, maintaining La Grange au Merle's authentic atmosphere. However the renovations have added all the home comforts you could wish for. From a steamy hot tub and sauna to roaring fires in the grate, La Grange au Merle will ease your mind and relax your body.
A dedicated TV snug is home to a large television with a selection of DVDs, games, toys and craft supplies. On the mezzanine a library offers a peaceful space to select a book or magazine and access the internet. For relaxation after a hard day on the slopes soak in the outdoor hot-tub, unwind in the sauna or indulge in a massage. For those wishing outdoor fun, gardens surround the chalet with our alpine playhouse, 'Crystal de Neige', being irresistible to those with a sense of play and imagination. Along with spacious accommodation over four floors and garden, there is also a convenient covered garage for two cars located beside the property.
Please note that prices are per person based on two people sharing a room. This chalet is available for exclusive occupancy, please enquire. Child discounts apply. To include full chalet catering, selected complimentary drinks and in resort driver service.
• Le Crocus - Spacious double/twin room at the front of the property with balcony access. Ensuite with bath, walk in shower and double sinks.
• Les Pommes - Family suite consisting of a double bedroom and adjacent bunk room. Both rooms share a dedicated bathroom.
• Les Pommes Vertes - Double bedroom with balcony access
• Les Pommes Rouges - Hand crafted bunks
• Le Thym - Spacious double/twin bedroom at the back of the chalet. Ensuite with access to garden terrace.
• Les Marmottes - Double/twin bedroom at the back of the chalet with ensuite.
• Les Myrtilles - A warm and spacious double bedroom with en-suite.
Services and Inclusions
We are passionate about our wine. We have specially selected over twenty delicious complimentary sparkling, white and red wines. Your knowledgeable and unobtrusive Chalet Manger will ensure your holiday runs smoothly. Additional services will be arranged, restaurant reservations made and advice on the resort provided.
To ensure you spend as much time enjoying all that Châtel and the Portes du Soleil has to offer our chauffeur is at your disposal to take you to and from the slopes throughout the day. Select your drop off and pick up location from any of the lifts in the Châtel area and we will transport you to your desired location.
Relaxing after a hard day skiing is made a little more luxurious with quality toiletries, fluffy towels and bathrobes and Egyptian cotton bed linens.
- Exclusive use of the chalet for your chosen dates (where whole chalet booked)
- 7 nights accommodation (unless stated otherwise)
- In resort driver service
- Dedicated service from our team of professional Chef and Chalet Manager, Host and Driver
- Tailored catering using quality, local produce during your stay with one night set aside for you to enjoy the local restaurants.
- Morning breakfasts with a cooked option
- Afternoon teas of sumptuous baked goodies and hot drinks
- Evening pre-dinner canapés
- Four course mouthwatering evening meals
- Carefully paired wines and soft drinks
- Complimentary spirits, craft gin and craft beer
- Children's meals provided on request.
- Luxury bath products, towels and bathrobes
- Garage parking for two cars and additional parking spaces
- All local taxes
- Cocktail bar
- Lessons and guiding
- Equipment hire delivered to the chalet
- Airport transfers
- Spa and massage treatments
- Premium wines and craft beers package from our 'Carnotzet' or cellar
- 'Carnotzet' or cellar wine tasting
- Fondue dinner and torchlit ski descent