Chalet Tomkins, Meribel
Three Valleys, France
Fully Catered, Sleeps 12-14
- 110m from the piste
- 221m² of living space
- Outdoor oak barrel Jacuzzi
- Spectacular views of Saulire and valley
- Panoramic views from Terrace
- Vaulted sitting room
- Open Fireplace
- Billiards room
- Ski room with boot warmers
- Spa area with sauna, exercise room and walk in shower
- Garage parking for two cars and off road parking
- Laundry room
The main piste into town (Doron) is a minute's walk from the chalet, and the piste is accessed just above the fast six-man Adret chairlift linking you into the system without having to go to Chaudanne. During most of the season it is possible to ski directly back to the chalet.View Location Map
Chalet Tomkins, Route des Chalets, Méribel was built in 1958 by Sir Edward Tomkins one of the founding fathers of Méribel, on an old goat track, which is now Route des Chalets, THE most exclusive road in Méribel. The new owner, Sir Edwards’s daughter, completely rebuilt the chalet in 2002 and has recreated “Tomkins” with the essence of the old by mixing original local artefacts and family heirlooms with sumptuous soft furnishings.
This spacious chalet, built on 4 levels, is fully equipped with Jacuzzi, sauna, gym, billiards and cinema is perfect for larger groups. You will find this a wonderful place to unwind in tranquility and comfort after a hard days skiing in the heart of the 3 Vallées.
This is a fantastic family chalet and comfortably sleeps up to 14 with children. Finally, we have bought new English ‘zip’ together beds to give more flexibility in the bedrooms.
Prices are for exclusive use of the chalet on a "Tout Compris" basis which includes full gourmet catering, complimentary beers and wines and in resort driver service.
The chalet is also available on an "a-la carte" basis with staff services included but food and drinks charged locally. This gives a greater flexibility to be able to explore the alternative dining options in resort. Prices on request
• 2x Twin bedrooms with en-suite
• 1x Twin/Double bedroom with en-suite
• 1x Double bedroom with en-suite & private balcony
• 2x Double bedrooms with en-suite and private balconies
Services and Inclusions
Established in 1997 after spending 3 seasons ski guiding, cheffing and running an exclusive private chalet. Drawing experience from professional backgrounds and worldwide travel experiences and working on the principle of what they would consider THE perfect holiday. Being permanent French residents means there is a wealth of local knowledge and a vast network of local, dedicated suppliers and also benefit from locally based, full-time staff all of whom have a full understanding of the business and the high standards it is renowned for.
- Rental of the chalet from 3pm on arrival day to 10am on departure day
- Mature professional live out staff (chef, chalet manager and housekeeper/masseur)
- Cooked and/or Continental breakfast on 7 days
- Afternoon tea service with homemade cakes/cookies, fresh bread and jams
- Champagne reception and pre dinner canapes with Champagne on 6 days
- Children’s 2 course supper if required on 6 days
- 3 course evening meal with selection of fine wines with Cheeseboard and choice of digestifs on 6 days
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beer available throughout the day
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, bath towels and robes (including a mid-week towel change)
- Hairdryers and L’Occitane bath products in bathrooms
- In-resort transport service in chauffeured luxury 4X4 vehicles from 8am to 10pm