Les Gets ski resort is located between Mont Blanc and Lake Geneva in the region of the Portes du Soleil. The closest airport is Geneva, just an hour and a half away from resort, making it possible to hit the slopes after a morning of travelling! Read on to find out more about why your next trip should be a ski holiday in Les Gets!
Les Gets Village
Full of charm and alpine magic, Les Gets is a very popular French resort. It’s a picturesque tree-lined resort, with incredible views of the surrounding mountain range and Mont Blanc. Retaining its traditional Savoyard chalets and buildings, Les Gets keeps its quaint character whilst inviting you into its relaxed and friendly resort.
Les Gets Ski Area
The first single-person chairlift opened in Les Gets (1,170m) in 1938, and now the resort joins its neighbouring resorts Morzine, Avoriaz, Chatel and an additional 8 resorts, in forming the extensive Portes du Soleil ski area. With the full area pass, you will have access to over 600km of pistes across two different countries. The Les Gets ski resort alone offers 120km of skiing across a range of pistes suitable for all the family…
- 9 Green Slopes
- 24 Blue Slopes
- 28 Red Slopes
- 9 Black Slopes
Skiing in Les Gets for beginners is ideal, with a large choice of blue runs, including nursery slopes at Les Chavannes. For the adrenaline junkies, you can take yourself over to the snowpark to practice rails, boxes and kicks!
The ski area is extremely pretty with many trees that line the pistes and fantastic panoramic views, particularly from Mont Chery. A personal favourite hot chocolate stop is La Grande Ourse at Mont Chery, just for the breathtaking views – the hot chocolate is good too!
Top Restaurants in Les Gets
For many, stopping on a piste-side restaurant in Les Gets each day with a cold pint, delicious Savoyard lunch and beautiful views is a highlight of the trip. Here’s a shortlist of our favourites:
- Le Vaffieu, Les Gets – Le Pleney: Gourmet traditional French cuisine. A popular choice so I would recommend booking in advance, especially for a sunny day on the terrace!
- La Paika, Perrieres: One of the most popular restaurants in the area. People come far and wide to experience the Michelin Star dishes, mountain BBQ’s, drinks and amazing views. Not to be missed.
- Chez Nannon, Nyon: Accessible from the Ravarettes or Troncs Express chairlifts, this mountain refuge offers traditional Savoyard dining and is particularly famous for the tartiflette.
Whilst the village of Les Gets itself is quiet and popular with families, there are still a large range of restaurants to choose from. See below for our top picks:
- La Pela: Set on a Savoyarde Farm where you can enjoy exceptional French dishes from classically cheesy, to succulent meats or fish dishes, all served up in a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- L’As des Neiges: Located on the Rue du Centre, L’As des Neiges is a gourmet restaurant worth visiting. You can choose from the extensive menu of French culinary delights that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- The Crychar Suppers: All things seasonal and local, this gourmet restaurant offers a different menu every evening and themed evenings every week.
- La Fruitière des Perrières: A fromagerie (cheese maker) by day, and authentic restaurant by night, using local and homemade produce. It’s a great experience with a delicious menu.
Top Bars in Les Gets
Whether you like to get up dancing on the tables or enjoy a quiet drink with friends, the choice of bars and après ski in Les Gets can accommodate everyone’s preferences.
- Vina Annapurna Wine Bar: For a chilled glass of wine on the terrace and some live music, it’s a great place for a post-ski drink with family and friends.
- L’Anka Tapas Bar: If you fancy a nibble before your dinner, L’Anka Tapas Bar is a great place to enjoy a snack and aperitif whilst relaxing in the comfy armchairs in front of the fire.
- L’ApreSki Bar: Live DJ’s or bands await you at the bottom of the Chavannes piste. Grab yourself a drink, loosen your boot buckles and have a boogie!
- Bar Bush: Popular with the locals and has a great atmosphere for apres ski in Les Gets or for an evening of entertainment. You can participate in quizzes, themed nights and dance to the live music.
- Le Barbylone, The Irish Pub and The Black Bear: Together, they are good competition for being the liveliest cluster of bars in Les Gets. Within close proximity, these bars are a great place to roll (or stumble) from one to the next!
Winter Activities in Les Gets
Aside from downhill skiing, there is a plethora of Les Gets winter activities for all to enjoy!
- Ice Skating
- Yooner Sledging
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Spa and Wellbeing
- Local Tours
- Ski Joering
- Speed Riding
- Ice Climbing and Ice Diving
- Electric Snow-Mobiles for Children
- Mont Blanc Yoga
- Igloo Dinner
A Family Ski Holiday in Les Gets
Les Gets is the perfect place for your next family ski holiday. The resort prides itself in accommodating children with a great range of ski and non-ski activities for all to enjoy.
The Grand-Cry ski sector is designated for fun only! The whole family can enjoy heading through the Indian’s Ski Run with bumps and turns in and out of the forest, or stopping off at the Trapper’s Cabin for face-painting, picnics and Indian Tipis, or even visiting the resident goats at the Ranch. Don’t forget to stop and make your own snow dance video!
It’s clear to see why Les Gets has been awarded the Famille Plus Montagne award by the French government for being one the most family-friendly ski resorts in the Alps. Just another reason to take your next family ski holiday to Les Gets!
Luxury Ski Chalets in Les Gets
The next question is where do you stay for your luxury ski chalet holiday in Les Gets? We have a selection of luxury catered chalets in Les Gets or luxury self-catering chalets in Les Gets, and if you need any assistance with choosing the perfect chalet for your Les Gets ski holiday, our team of Ski Specialists at Ski In Luxury will be more than happy to help! You can send an email or call us on +44 1202 203 650. Let’s get talking Les Gets!