Domaine Toit du Monde, Val d'Isere
L'Espace Killy, France
Fully Catered, Sleeps 16
- Ski in Ski out
- 2x Indoor/Outdoor swimming pools
- 2x Massage Rooms
- 2x Saunas
- 2x Extensive Wine Cellars
- Cigar room
- Hammam/Steam room
- Ski Room with boot warmers
- Open fireplaces
- Books, games, toys, sledges
- Electric drop -down HD movie screen
- Collection of DVD's and music
- DVD players and iPod docks
- Study area with PC
- Sun terraces
- Garage Parking
The Chalet is exceptionally well-positioned as a ski-in/ski-out location with the famous World Cup downhill ‘Coupe du Monde OK’ slope on one side, the popular green ‘Verte’ slope on the other. The helicopter landing pad is less than a minute away by car. There is a chauffeured 4×4 laid on from 8.30am to 11pm every day to take guests wherever they wish to go.View Location Map
Domaine de Toit du Monde is combination of two exquisite chalets created from an old monastery. Himalaya and Toit du Monde are both protected by impressive fortress-like stone walls, creating seclusion and exclusivity for its guests. The chalets are located on the piste in the area above La Daille which allows easy access to the Domaine de Espace Killy.
The combination of both chalets give you eight bedroom suites, all of which have separate sleeping and relaxation areas. The marble walls around the bath are adorned with delicately engraved snowflakes, while the floor is subtly heated. The bath is of impressive proportions, each with a rain shower which converts into a steam room, easily seating up to 4 or more people with remote controlled lights.
Original features such as the huge fireplaces and the stunning window stone seats (where monks would have sat and read till daylight faded) are enhanced by modern ornamental features and state of the art facilities. The benefit of combining both chalets means that you can enjoy double the luxury. There are the movie screens which appear at the touch of a button. Then the invisible swimming pools which magically appear between the dining areas and the outdoor terraces, complete with jet stream and corner jets. Two massage rooms and two wine cellars give you double the enjoyment here in this unique chalet.
Prices are for exclusive use of the two chalets based on a maximum of 16 people, fully gourmet catered without travel. In-resort driver service included.
Domaine Toit du Monde has eight fully en-suite bedrooms which can be set up as kings or twins on request.
• Castenz Deluxe Suite - King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
• Kosciusko Deluxe Suite - King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
• Elbrus Deluxe Suite - King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
• Vinson Deluxe Suite - King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
• Denali Grand Suite - Super King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
• Everest Grand Suite - Super King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
• Kibo Grand Suite - Super King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
• Aconcagua Grand Suite - Super King/Twin bedroom with marble bath/shower/steam room
Services and Inclusions
The magnificent chalets of Himalaya and Toit du Monde (Top of the World) are converted from a 17th Century French Monastery. Individually each chalet accommodates up to 8 people. When interconnected, the two chalets become as one, rentable as a whole and known as Domain Toit du Monde providing facilities for up to 16 guests.
This historic building in Val d’Isere underwent a 3 year multi million pound renovation which was completed in 2007. Since then it has continued to be lovingly maintained and improved on a year to year basis. Many original features still remain, including the impressive 1.5 meter thick stone walls and fireplace.
‘The best restaurant in the Alps’ metamorphosed to become the Alps’ one and only Gourmet Chalet. From its initiation by the celebrated Maitre Cuisiner de France Guy Gateau who previously worked with world leaders and international stars as Executive Chef at the French Embassy and Executive Chef at the Kennedy Center in Washington. Restaurant Toit du Monde, reincarnated as Chalet Himalaya and Chalet Toit du Monde (together Domain Toit du Monde) has always boasted and continues to offer the gastronomic skills of Michelin-starred chefs and their prize-winning counterparts from the Orient.
Fully serviced by dedicated professional staff, the chalets at Domain Toit du Monde are unique for providing exceptional culinary experiences for the most discerning clientele. Our award-winning international chefs design cuisine which cater for any dietary requirements whether for health, religious or personal preferences. Using best ingredients, your dedicated chalet chef will create menus to delight.
The finest selection of house wines, White Burgundy and Red Bordeaux, are included. We also take great pride in our extensive specialist and vintage wines which line our wine cellars. These are available on request at an additional cost.
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Champagne reception
- Dedicated service from a professional team
- Tea or coffee in bed, breakfast and afternoon tea daily
- Champagne and canapés daily
- Mouth watering dinners prepared by the chef (6 nights)
- Carefully selected house wines
- An open spirit bar and a range of soft drinks
- Luxury toiletries
- Towels, Robes & Slippers
- Fresh flowers and daily newspapers
- In resort chauffeured vehicles
- Concierge Service