Heinz Julen Penthouse, Zermatt
Matterhorn Ski Paradise, Switzerland
Fully Catered, Sleeps 8
- Architectural features
- Designer furniture
- Private Lift
- Fitness Room
- Central location
- Open fireplace
- Jacuzzi bath in master bedroom
- Mountain & Village views
- Laundry facilities
Access is a 2 minute walk from the top of the Omnia Hotel lifts, for which you will have a special key. The village end of the lift delivers you to the heart of Zermatt, in the main street close to the church. Its location perched high on a hill gives it spectacular views, yet access to the heart of the village is easy.View Location Map
Zermatt's internationally acclaimed architect, Heinz Julen, designed this extraordinary double-level 260m2 penthouse. With concepts such as a fireplace nesting in the middle of the living-room window, and original hand-made furniture (including Julen's famous chandeliers and chairs), it has featured in several designer magazines.
On the main floor there is a large living room with three separate seating areas, a dining section, the open-plan kitchen and two terraces. There are two bedrooms with high beamed ceilings at each end of this floor. Each bedroom has an en-suite shower/WC, TV and a balcony.
The top floor consists of the master bedroom with a free-standing round jacuzzi bath, sloping glass ceilings, stunning views, and a separate en-suite shower/WC.
On the ground floor you will find the fourth double bedroom with en-suite massage shower and WC; your private glass-fronted sauna, an exercise room with a treadmill and two loungers to relax in.
All three floors are accessed by your own private elevator and/or stairs. Superb, stylish and clever, the Heinz Julen Penthouse vies with the Loft for the prize of Zermatt's most original property.
The 8 bed Heinz Julen Penthouse is located above the Heinz Julen Loft, another Heinz Julen gem that sleeps 6. Two of our top picks!
Price is for exclusive use of the chalet for up to 8 people and includes full gourmet catering service with open bar. Also available on a bed and breakfast or self-catered basis, please enquire for further details.
• 1x Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• 2x Double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
• 1x Master bedroom with en-suite shower room and jacuzzi bath in room
Services and Inclusions
These may include child care, health an beauty treatments, planning your heli-skiing adventures, designing and hosting corporate events, or simply booking your restaurants, ski lessons and transfer arrangements.
Our catered chalets include a very high standard of dining and service including also our daily cleaning. Your pre-arrival chef consultation will ensure that you menu has been tailor made to your meet your preferences and expectations.
Michelin trained head chef Kostas Papacharalampous heads up our team of chefs, who are carefully chosen not only for their superior skills and experience, but also for their friendly, flexible and approachable nature. Kostas has been a chef since 2004 when he started under Greece's star chef Christoforos Peskias, whose mentor is Ferran Adria of El Bulli fame.
He then went on to train for a year under Joël Robuchon in Paris, and spent a further year in the culinary hot house of northern Spain working under Andoni Luis Anduriz in the 3 Michelin star Mugaritz restaurant, and then under Juan Mari Arzak who also has 3 stars. Kostas is the most passionate chef we have ever met and he has created a special menu for this winter season.
- Exclusive use of the chalet and it's facilities
- Bed linen, towels and guest amenities on arrival
- All local taxes and charges
- Welcome and assistance from our staff pre-arrival and in resort assistance from our concierge team
- Transfer to and from the chalet from Zermatt train station on arrival and departure day
- Pre-trip menu planning
- Fully cooked breakfast on 6 days
- Afternoon tea and cake on 6 days
- Champagne and a selection of canapes on 6 days
- Magnificent four course gourmet dinner on 6 days
- An expert selection of different red and white wine pairs each evening
- Children's menu if required
- Complimentary bar
- Free WiFi
- Daily cleaning and mid-week linen change
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff