Chalet Pollux, Zermatt
Matterhorn Ski Paradise, Switzerland
Fully Catered, Sleeps 8
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Large Terrace
- Open Fireplace
- Spectacular views
- Large plasma screen with satellite TV
- Chalet laptop/PC provided
- Laundry facilities
The Chalet is accessed through a tunnel and an elevator. The entrance to the tunnel is 200 metre from the end of the ski runs beneath the Matterhorn Express lift station, just a 4 minute walk from the church square. This is an ideal location being close to the main lift station, the ski runs and the village centre.
The tunnel and elevator bring you up high above the village providing a true sense of high mountain seclusion and tranquillity with breathtaking views. From the elevator exit there is a 200 metre walk to the chalet entrance. The chalet comes with an electro transporter which our staff will use to move your luggage and shopping as required.
Ski equipment is left in the ski room down in the tunnel.
Chalet Pollux is one of our four unique free standing chalets. Its location provides the best of both worlds: spectacular views and easy access. Side by side, tucked against a beautiful hillside, the numerous balconies and large terraces give you bird's eye views of the village and the surrounding mountains, encompassing all three of Zermatt's ski areas.
The chalet has been tastefully decorated under our supervision, delicately combining an alpine, cosy and contemporary finish, with liberal use of wood and stone. It has all the latest technology with flat-screen TVs, more than a hundred satellite channels, rotating fireplaces and geothermal heating to reduce the chalet's carbon foot-print as much as possible.
The ground floor has an open plan living room with a wood fire, dining area and fully equipped open plan modern kitchen.
On the ground floor, the living room has a patio terrace. The chalet enjoy the use of a private outdoor hot-tub perfect to relax and enjoy the view (or the stars') after a long day in the mountains.
Price is based on exclusive use of the chalet for up to 8 people and includes full gourmet catering and open bar. Also available on a bed and breakfast or self-catered basis, please enquire for further details.
• 2x Double/Twin bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and balconies
• 1x Double/Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
• 1x Double/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom and balcony
Services and Inclusions
These may include child care, health an beauty treatments, planning your heli-skiing adventures, designing and hosting corporate events, or simply booking your restaurants, ski lessons and transfer arrangements.
Our catered chalets include a very high standard of dining and service including also our daily cleaning. Your pre-arrival chef consultation will ensure that you menu has been tailor made to your meet your preferences and expectations.
Michelin trained head chef Kostas Papacharalampous heads up our team of chefs, who are carefully chosen not only for their superior skills and experience, but also for their friendly, flexible and approachable nature. Kostas has been a chef since 2004 when he started under Greece's star chef Christoforos Peskias, whose mentor is Ferran Adria of El Bulli fame.
He then went on to train for a year under Joël Robuchon in Paris, and spent a further year in the culinary hot house of northern Spain working under Andoni Luis Anduriz in the 3 Michelin star Mugaritz restaurant, and then under Juan Mari Arzak who also has 3 stars. Kostas is the most passionate chef we have ever met and he has created a special menu for this winter season.
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Bed linen, towels and guest amenities on arrival
- All local taxes and charges
- Welcome and assistance from our staff pre-arrival and in resort assistance from our concierge team
- Transfer to and from the chalet from Zermatt train station on arrival and departure day
- Pre-trip menu planning
- Fully cooked breakfast on 6 days
- Afternoon tea and cake on 6 days
- Champagne and a selection of canapes on 6 days
- Magnificent four course gourmet dinner on 6 days
- An expert selection of different red and white wine pairs each evening
- Children's menu if required
- Complimentary bar
- Free WiFi
- Daily cleaning and mid-week linen change
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff